COVID-19 is a public health emergency that began in late 2019. Please follow these tips to stay healthy and safe at work, and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace.
1. Stay home if you are experiencing a new onset of any of the following symptoms:
2. Stay home if you have a new onset of two or more of the following symptoms:
skin rash of unknown origin
conjunctivitis (pink eye)
nausea or loss of appetite
3. Do not enter your workplace if you have:
4. Use good hygiene to help reduce the spread of infection:
Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 15 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
Wash your hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly soiled.
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after coughing, sneezing, using the washroom, before and after preparing food and eating, when you feel your hands have become contaminated, and when arriving at and leaving your workplace.
Wear a mask as required by public health officials. Consult the Manitoba Public Health website for up-to-date information regarding mask use.
Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your bent elbow (not your hand). Dispose of the tissue immediately, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
Disinfect surfaces and high-touch areas often, using approved disinfectants.
5. Practice social (physical) distancing:
- Maintain a distance of two metres (six feet) between yourself and other people in your workplace, including co-workers, clients and customers, except for brief exchanges.
6. Complete the COVID-19 vaccination series:
- Complete this vaccination series as soon as possible once you're eligible. COVID-19 vaccinations are proven to significantly protect against getting COVID-19, and protect against severe disease, hospitalization or death if you do get COVID-19.
7. Follow the advice of Manitoba's Chief Public Health Officer about COVID-19 prevention.
Source: Manitoba Health: Help reduce the spread of COVID-19