2. Privacy Statement
This policy deals only with personal information handled by SAFE Work. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, excluding business contact information. The following explains how SAFE Work handles personal information. SAFE Work reserves the right to change this policy and it may be updated periodically. These changes may affect the use of personal information. Accordingly, please check for changes regularly.
Telephone: (204) 927-2898
(2) Any questions about SAFE Work’s handling of personal information should be directed to the Privacy Officer. In cases where the question concerns an access request, individuals must follow the request process described under Accuracy of and Access to Personal Information Collected.
4. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
(1) The purpose for which SAFE Work collects personal information will be identified at or before the time the information is collected. Personal information may be collected for such purposes as:
(a) providing services; and
(b) processing and administering the above or other purposes as necessary.
(2) SAFE Work will not use personal information for any other purpose than identified at or before the time of collection.
(1) SAFE Work may collect contact information in order to:
(a) send out e-mails and other relevant information;
(b) inform members of SAFE Work events; or
(c) raise awareness around the prevention of workplace injuries.
(2) This contact information is voluntarily provided.
(1) SAFE Work seeks consent for all personal information it collects, uses and discloses through information provided to individuals prior to collection, or at the time of collection.
7. Limits for Collecting, Using, Disclosing and Keeping Personal Information
(1) SAFE Work does not collect, use or disclose personal information of individuals except when individuals give consent and provide the information on a voluntary basis. There may be occasions where more specific personal information is necessary for SAFE Work to proceed with a request for information or provide a service. In such cases, SAFE Work will describe the information required. In all such cases, SAFE Work limits the amount and type of information collected to only the personal information that is required to provide the individual with the requested information or service. SAFE Work collects only information that is voluntarily provided by the individual and undertakes that such information will be kept strictly confidential.
(2) SAFE Work may disclose personal information collected by it without the knowledge or consent of the individual, for example to its lawyers, for purposes relating to an investigation under, the enforcement of or the administration of a law or where required by law to disclose the information. SAFE Work will not use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual except as authorized by applicable law.
(3) SAFE Work retains personal information only as long as is necessary to provide the individual with the requested service or information. In some cases, however, legal reporting or retention requirements necessitate that SAFE Work retains information for a specific amount of time. In general, SAFE Work retains personal information for a period not longer than 7 [seven] years, in secure storage.
(5) Any personal information that SAFE Work retains is kept in such a manner as to ensure its security and confidentiality at all times.
8. Safeguarding Personal Information
SAFE Work respects the privacy of its partners, potential Website visitors and Internet users and will protect that privacy as vigorously as possible. Personal information is stored in electronic and physical files that are secure. Security measures using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and restricted access to computers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while SAFE Work strives to protect personal information, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or received from it electronically. This is especially true for information transmitted via e-mail. SAFE Work has no way of protecting that information until it reaches it. Once a transmission is received, SAFE Work makes its best efforts to ensure its security on its servers. Internally, access to personal information is restricted to employees who need access to the information in order to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are knowledgeable about and committed to our privacy policies.
9. Accuracy of and Access to Personal Information Collected
(1) SAFE Work makes every effort to keep personal information as accurate, complete, current and relevant as necessary for the identified purposes. SAFE Work does not routinely update personal information.
(3) At the written request of an individual, he or she may view or edit their personal information as collected by SAFE Work. SAFE Work will inform them of what personal information it has about the individual, what it is being used for and, in cases where it has been disclosed, to whom it has been disclosed. There may be exceptional circumstances as provided by the CSA Model Code under which SAFE Work may not be able to give an individual access to personal information held about them by SAFE Work. In this case SAFE Work will explain the reason for this lack of access, as provided by the CSA Model Code.
(4) To make a request, please send a letter, e-mail or fax addressed to our Privacy Officer at the address indicated above. In any written request, please include the following information:
(b) Contact details;
(c) Nature of the request;
(d) View and/or edit information;
(e) Inquire regarding use and/or disclosure; and
(f) If an inquiry concerns a specific transaction, please indicate the date of the transaction, and provide a receipt number if applicable.
(5) SAFE Work will reply to requests no later than [thirty] days after receipt of the request, or if it is not able to respond within this time period, a notice of extension will be sent.
Any questions or comments about SAFE Work’s handling of personal information should be directed to the Privacy Officer.
11. Use of SAFE Work Website
(2) This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect enhancements to SAFE Work Website that may affect the use of personal information. Accordingly, please check back periodically.
12. Information on this Website
(1) Information which includes all facts, data and other information, collectively the “Information” in the pages of this Website is of a general nature, is intended only for informational purposes, is subject to change without notice, and is not intended to be relied on by visitors as binding legal advice on any particular matter.
(2) Individual information provided to SAFE Work to gain access to any feature of this Website will not be sold or made available to any third party, except where information processing is outsourced by SAFE Work in the course of its regular administrative procedures.
(3) SAFE Work reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of aggregated user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of its site so as to improve design and navigation and to gather information for marketing purposes. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
(4) “Cookies” are not attached to SAFE Work Website. A “cookie” is a piece of data that is stored on the hard drive of a computer that contains information about use of the Website. Other Websites may contain “cookies” that accumulate information about Website use, for example a record of the Websites that an individual has visited.
13. Accuracy of the Information on this Website
(1) The information is believed to be accurate, complete and current when posted, but SAFE Work cannot guarantee that it will remain accurate or complete or that it will be current at all times.
(2) SAFE Work is not responsible for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, regardless of the cause, arising out the use of this Website.
14. Accuracy of Information on Linked Websites
Through the links to other sites found on SAFE Work’s Website, the user may enter domains that are beyond the boundaries of SAFE Work and, once there, SAFE Work is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Websites. SAFE Work has no control over the accuracy, completeness or relevance of the information on these sites and provides links to these sites solely for the information and convenience of visitors to our Website.
15. Copying Information from this Website
The information on SAFE Work Website may be used or copied provided that it is used or copied accurately, or is used in its entirety and/or that the source of the information is clearly identified. Only a member of SAFE Work may use the information for commercial purposes. SAFE Work is not responsible for the way in which the information may be used or copied. SAFE Work reserves the right to change, delete or add information at any time.