Safety and Health Week is May 2-8, 2021
Safety and Health Week is an annual occupational health and safety celebration led by the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), Manitoba Chapter together with our Manitoba Safety and Health (previously NAOSH) week partners. Safety and Health Week focuses on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace and raises understanding and awareness of safety and health issues.
Manitoba Safety and Health Week 2021 Events
- Steps for Life - Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy: This year's walk is once again virtual. Please visit the Steps for Life Winnipeg Facebook page for details.
- Currently, no other events have been planned for 2021.
Workplace Safety and Health Week Event Ideas
As part of Safety and Health Week, many Manitoba employers develop safety activities in their workplace as a way to build prevention awareness with their employees and the general public. Showing your commitment to safety and health during Safety and Health Week, does not
need to complicated or expensive. The events are meant as a way to revitalize workplace commitment
to safety in a fun way. Event ideas have included:
- launching a recognition program to reward health and safety suggestions
- creating a company safety calendar with reminders and tips
- conducting workplace safety games (keeping in mind public health protocol) throughout the week.
Safety and Health Week, share you activities on social media using the hashtag
#SafetyAndHealthWeek. You can find social media images and posters for your
Visit our SAFE Store to order SAFE Work swag — a great way to reward employees during Safety and Health Week. We carry apparel, bags, water bottles, safety glasses and more!
Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week Awards
Annual awards are presented to safety-minded organizations in various categories, including best overall entry, most innovative and best representation of a theme. Visit the CSSE website for more information and to make your submission. Submissions for 2020 will be accepted from Monday, May 10, 2021 to Friday, June 11, 2021.
The 2019 Awards were presented at The Safetys to the following Manitoba workplaces in recognition of their NAOSH Week safety efforts:
No awards were presented in 2020.