Safety and Health Week is May 1-6, 2023
Safety and Health Week is an annual occupational health and safety celebration and, in Manitoba, is led by the Manitoba Safety and Health (previously NAOSH) Week Planning Committee. Safety and Health Week focuses on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace and raises understanding and awareness of safety and health issues.
Manitoba Safety and Health Week 2023 Events
- Safety and Health Week Launch: The Winnipeg launch will be held Monday, May 1 at Safety Services Manitoba, 1680 Notre Dame Avenue. Click here to see the agenda and register today!
- Steps for Life - Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy: This year's walk will be held on Sunday, May 7, starting at 9:15 a.m. at Kildonan Park, although the option to walk at home is still available. To get involved, please visit the registration page by clicking here! You can also check out the Steps for Life Winnipeg Facebook page for more information.
- Please stay tuned as more events get posted!
Workplace Safety and Health Week Event Ideas
As part of Safety and Health Week, many Manitoba employers develop safety activities in their workplace as a way to build prevention awareness with their employees and the general public. Showing your commitment to safety and health during Safety and Health Week, does not
need to complicated or expensive. The events are meant as a way to revitalize workplace commitment
to safety in a fun way. Event ideas have included:
- launching a recognition program to reward health and safety suggestions
- creating a company safety calendar with reminders and tips
- conducting workplace safety games (keeping in mind public health protocol) throughout the week.
Safety and Health Week, share you activities on social media using the hashtag
#SafetyAndHealthWeek. You can find social media images and posters for your
Visit our SAFE Store to order SAFE Work swag — a great way to reward employees during Safety and Health Week. We carry apparel, bags, water bottles, safety glasses and more!
Safety and Health Week Awards
What are you doing to engage your workplace during Safety and Health Week?
This year, the Manitoba Safety and Health Week Committee is launching the Safety and Health Week Engagement Award! This new award will recognize the organization that engages their employees and the public through safety and health initiatives, aimed at increasing awareness and preventing injury and illness in their workplace during Safety and Health Week, which runs May 1-6, 2023. For more information and to submit your application >> http://ow.ly/fqKa50NRzoM
The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 16, 2023.