This course provides an introduction to the complex issue of mental health in the workplace, and explains why it is so important. You will learn the difference between mental well-being and mental illness, factors that put people at risk, and the roles of early intervention and promotion of mental well-being at work.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the impact of mental illness in the workplace
- Explain the difference between mental illness and stress
- List common risk factors of mental illness
- Recognize signs of mental illness at work and the importance of early intervention
- Describe ways to promote mental well-being in the workplace
- Access other sources of information about mental health in the workplace.
Duration: 30 minutes