Historically, workplace health and safety has focused on protecting employees from physical harm. With growing scientific evidence and legal obligation to protect the psychological well being of workers, employers are recognizing the importance of both physical and mental health at work.
This free, 20-minute course provides an introduction to workplace mental health, including an overview of the six categories of psychosocial factors and how they impact the psychological health of individuals and groups. Participants will develop an understanding of the role they play in promoting mental health at work.
- Why workplace mental health is important
- The six types of psychosocial factors and how they affect the mental health of groups and individuals
- Addressing psychosocial factors in the workplace
- Roles and responsibilities: how employers and workers can promote psychological health and safety at work
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Recognize the importance of psychological health and safety in the workplace
- Describe what is psychological health and safety and what are psychosocial factors
- Identify responsibilities of employees and employers when it comes to psychological health and safety
This course is recommended for anyone interested in learning about psychological health and safety at work.
Learn more and register here.