Falls from slips and trips are common workplace occurrences that can result in serious injuries and disabilities. This course offers guidance on how to prevent injuries in the workplace that are the result of slips, trips or falls from the same level. It provides workers, managers, supervisors and health and safety committees with practical information, tips and examples to help them to understand the causes of falls, and to take preventive measures.
The course focuses on the two most common types of falls: falls at the same level and falls on stairs. Fall hazards of these types exist in most workplaces including offices, service sector, manufacturing and construction.
- Basic cause of falls
- How slips and trips occur
- Roles of floor surfaces, stairs, walkways, housekeeping, obstructions, spills, and outdoor issues
- Worker and employer responsibilities
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on surfaces and floors
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on stairs
Please note: This course does not cover falls from heights or situations such as working on ladders.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the causes of slip, trip and fall accidents;
- Understand the importance of preventing falls;
- Know good housekeeping practices and methods that help prevent falls.
Format: e-CourseLearn more and register here
Duration: 1 hour
Note: when you click "Register", you will see the total amount that you would have to pay if you are not a Manitoba resident. During the "checkout" process, once you have confirmed that you are a Manitoba resident, the amount you see will be reduced to $0.
SAFE Work Manitoba covers the cost of this course through a partnership with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS). Registration is limited to a total of 300 seats per company/organization inclusive of all CCOHS courses. Courses marked "free" are not part of this limitation.