Planning for a pandemic is essential. Being informed and prepared will help minimize the impact in our daily lives. This course will help organizations understand the issues that need to be considered during pandemic, and the importance of being prepared. It emphasizes steps that workplaces can take to plan for employee absences, describes the elements of a business continuity plan, as well as actions that may help slow the spread of the virus and keep employees healthier.
This course expands on information in the free introductory Pandemic Awareness course.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and “Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.Topics include:
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- What is a pandemic?
- The influenza virus and how it spreads
- Why prepare?
- Business continuity plan
- Health and safety concerns when working at home
- Staying healthy
- Being prepared at home
- Helping your community
- Finding reliable information
- Know the main characteristics of an influenza (flu) pandemic
- Understand how the flu virus spreads
- Be able to establish a business continuity plan to help prepare your workplace
- Know health and safety concerns about working at home
- Know ways to help stay healthy
- Be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.Target Audience:
- All workers
- Managers and supervisors and those with planning responsibilities
- Anyone wanting to learn about planning for a pandemic.
NoneCourse Details: Format:
One hour Language:
French/EnglishLearn more and register here
Note: when you click "Register", you will see the total amount that you would have to pay if you are not a Manitoba resident. During the "checkout" process, once you have confirmed that you are a Manitoba resident, the amount you see will be reduced to $0.