Most of our lives are a combination of work, family and community involvement. A pandemic can affect all of these areas. Being informed and knowing what to do during a pandemic can help minimize the impact. This free course describes what a pandemic is, how an influenza virus spreads, and the impact a pandemic may have on workplaces, our communities and us.
This course complements the one-hour Pandemic Planning
course which outlines how having a business continuity plan will reduce the impact of a pandemic on both the employees and organization.Topics include:
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- What is a pandemic?
- The influenza virus and how it spreads
- Being prepared
- What might happen
- What can we do?
- Staying healthy
- How to help stop the spread of the virus
- Know the main characteristics of an influenza (flu) pandemic
- Understand how the flu virus spreads
- Understand the impact of pandemic on your workplace, home and community
- Know ways to help stay healthy and reduce the spread of the virus
- Know how to be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
Average time to complete this course is approximately twenty minutes.Course DetailsFormat:
20 minutes Language:
French/English Learn more and register here