They’re known by different names but work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs, or just MSDs) have one thing very much in common: they can cause discomfort, fatigue, pain and injury among workers.
MSDs are often caused by work that involves repetitive motion, forceful movements, and awkward body postures that are done for periods of time. Mainly the wrists, back, legs, shoulders, necks, muscles and joints are affected. This course focuses on good ergonomics principles and work organization as key prevention measures.
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- Hazard identification
- Examining evidence of WSMD
- Risk assessment
- Developing and implementing controls
- Job hazard analysis
- Education and training
- Program evaluation and audits
- Recommending changes
- Identify the causes of WMSDs
- Understand the basic elements of workplace ergonomics
- Identify ergonomic hazards in order to prevent injuries
- Develop an ergonomics program and set goals for your workplace;
- Develop training and education tools
- Involve managers and employees in the program
Learn more and register here
Note: when you click "Register", you will see the total amount that you would have to pay if you are not a Manitoba resident. During the "checkout" process, once you have confirmed that you are a Manitoba resident, the amount you see will be reduced to $0.