Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are a potential risk for all sectors and occupations. They can cause discomfort, fatigue, pain, injury, and illness to workers. In fact, work-related musculoskeletal injuries are the most frequent type of lost-time injury and are the largest source of lost-time worker compensation costs in Canada.
This e-course complements the full e-course offering: Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs): Prevention.
- What are work-related MSDs
- The three stages of musculoskeletal injuries
- Risk factors
- Common causes
- Prevention tips
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Know the main characteristics of work-related MSDs
- Learn common causes of MSDs
- Get practical tips about lifting and other manual material work
- Understand the importance of developing a prevention program
Average time to complete this course is about 20 minutes.
- All workers, including managers, supervisors and health and safety committee members
- Anyone wanting to learn more about musculoskeletal disorders
Language: French/EnglishLearn more and register here