People with mental illness successfully work across the full spectrum of workplaces. Some people disclose their mental illness and some do not.
This course will explore communication strategies for both employees and employers/managers/supervisors to have that conversation about mental health issues, with the overall goal to help educate and increase awareness in the workplace. Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understand the prevalence of mental health issues in the workplace
- Know how to help break the stigma regarding mental health issues
- Identify key steps that workplaces can take
- Develop good communication skills, including active listening
- Have confidence when helping co-workers to discuss mental health issues.
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.Course Details: Format:
1 hourLearn more and register here
Note: when you click "Register", you will see the total amount that you would have to pay if you are not a Manitoba resident. During the "checkout" process, once you have confirmed that you are a Manitoba resident, the amount you see will be reduced to $0.