The two-day virtual Manitoba Advanced Safety & Health Auditor training will provide participants with the advanced principles, skills and techniques required to conduct certification audits recognized by the SAFE Work Certified Program in Manitoba.
Who Should Take the Course?
- wish to increase their professional auditing knowledge, skills and techniques
- may wish to apply to become a certification auditor with one of SAFE Work Manitoba's recognized Certifying Partners (Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM), Made Safe, Manitoba Heavy Construction Association's WORKSAFELYTM, RPM Trucking Industry Safety (RPM), Sales and Service Safety Association (S2SA)).
- Note: Completion of this course does not guarantee employment as a certification auditor. Prospective candidates must successfully apply through a recognized Certifying Partner.
- Completion of a maintenance auditor course through a recognized SAFE Work Manitoba Certifying Partner - a copy of the certificate and the signed Code of Ethics must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of registration.
- Completion of the auditor course must be confirmed by the Certifying Partner. Your application for the course indicates your approval for SAFE Work Manitoba to contact the Certifying Partner to confirm your certificate.
Upon completion, participants will have advanced knowledge of:
- SAFE Work Certified Standards and Procedures, Audit Framework
- Key auditing terms and requirements
- The auditing process
- Audit etiquette
- Creating checklists, audit plans
- Conducting opening and closing meetings
- Reviewing documentation, conducting observations
- Handling difficult situations
- Report writing
Length of course: 7.5 hours per day for 2 days (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- This course contains 15 technical hours and may be eligible for Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) continuous professional development (CPD) points. Visit www.bcrsp.ca for CPD point criteria.
- This course may also be eligible for credits towards other professional designations.
- In order to receive a certificate, full course attendance and participation is required.