This course is available in English, French and Spanish. To take the Spanish version of the course, select Spanish from the Language drop-down menu on either the English or French product page
.Este curso se ofrece en inglés, francés y español. Para la versión en español del curso, seleccione español en el menú desplegable de idioma en la página de productos en inglés o francés.
Agricultural operations include a wide range of situations, from harvesting produce in the field to animal husbandry. Every agricultural operation is a workplace, and every workplace has hazards. In addition to existing agricultural occupational hazards, facilities that employ temporary foreign workers (TFWs) must also consider how to manage the risk of COVID-19 spread in situations such as congregate housing and group transportation.
This five module course provides information to TFWs and their employers on how to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 at work. Participants will gain knowledge of the factors that significantly contribute to the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, the control measures to take to protect themselves while working, living and traveling to and from work, and what to do if they become sick with COVID-19.
This course is highly interactive. Pop-ups, external links, review questions, and activities are used to apply learning throughout. There is a self-assessment quiz to test understanding of the material at the end of each module. Upon completion of the course learners will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- COVID-19: what it is and how it spreads, recognizing and screening for common symptoms, and when workers should isolate or quarantine
- Masks: when and how to safely use and care for non-medical masks
- Preventing the spread: physical distancing, good hygiene practices, cleaning and disinfecting, and ventilation
- Temporary foreign workers in agriculture: situations specific to on-the-farm TFWs including cohorts, congregate housing, and group transportation
- Occupational health and safety: legal rights and responsibilities, agricultural workplace hazards, personal protective equipment, and mental health resources
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize what causes the COVID-19 illness.
- Identify how the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in the workplace.
- Recognize and screen for the common symptoms of COVID-19 illness.
- Recall what to do if you feel sick or have possibly been exposed to COVID-19.
- Recognize when and how to isolate or quarantine.
- Recall when and how to correctly wear a non-medical mask.
- Recall how to properly care for a non-medical mask.
- Identify and apply COVID-19 control measures in an agricultural workplace, including physical distancing, good hygiene practices, cleaning and disinfecting, and ventilation.
- Identify and apply COVID-19 control measures to protect TFWs who work in cohorts, live in congregate housing, and share transportation.
- Recall your worker rights and responsibilities.
- Recognize the employer responsibilities in keeping workers safe.
- Identify common agricultural occupational hazards.
- Identify personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Recognize where to obtain occupational health and safety (OHS) and mental health resources.
This course is suitable for temporary foreign workers (TFWs) in all agricultural organizations of all sizes.Course Details
Duration: 45 minutes
Learn more and register here.