Canadian Mental Health Association of Manitoba and
About the course
Workplace health and safety includes identifying and addressing hazards that can cause mental injury. Learn more about the CSA National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace, raise your awareness of workplace mental health concerns, identify common psychological hazards and learn how to roll psychological considerations into your health and safety program.
Who can participate? This full day workshop, offered by the Canadian Mental Health Association of Manitoba and Winnipeg (CMHA), is considered an intermediate level intended for people in the workplace who have knowledge and experience with occupational health and safety programs. This workshop is open to everyone.Registration:
Watch for upcoming course offerings on CMHA's website.
Please contact Stephen Sutherland with the Canadian Mental Health Association at 204-982-6349 or email@example.com if you have any questions, or to be added to the wait list for courses.
This workshop was originally developed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and the MFL Occupational Health Centre in collaboration with SAFE Work Manitoba.
Workshop Content Includes:
- Definitions Associated with Psychological Health and Safety
- Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
• CSA Standard
• What it is / Why adopt it
• 13 Workplace Psycho-social factors
- Priorities – Workplace Psychological Hazards
• Mental Health Awareness – Combatting Stigma
• Harassment and Violence Prevention (recap only)
• Responding to Mental Health Emergencies
> Mental Health Crisis
> Managing Trauma Exposure
- Rolling Psychological Considerations Into Your Workplace Health and Safety Program
- Case Studies
- Getting Started
- Getting Help – community resources and other training
Workshop Content intersects, but DOES NOT FOCUS ON:
• Disability Management
• Workers Compensation
• Mental Health First Aid
• Critical Incident Stress Management and PTSD Prevention
Please refer to https://www.safemanitoba.com/Topics/Pages/Psychological-Health-and-Safety-in-the-Workplace.aspx for information on how you can support psychological health and safety in your workplace.