Canadian Mental Health Association of Manitoba and
About the course
Workplace health and safety includes identifying and addressing hazards that can cause mental injury. Learn more about the CSA National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace, raise your awareness of workplace mental health concerns, identify common psychological hazards and learn how to roll psychological considerations into your health and safety program.
Who can participate? This full day workshop, offered by the Canadian Mental Health Association of Manitoba and Winnipeg (CMHA), is considered an intermediate level intended for people in the workplace who have knowledge and experience with occupational health and safety programs. This workshop is open to everyone.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020Time:
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Location:
16th floor, 363 Broadway Ave. in Winnipeg (SAFE Work Manitoba Training Facility)Cost:
$150 per person.
Visit the CMHA's website to register.
Please contact Ela Partyka with the Canadian Mental Health Association at 204-982-6349 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or to be added to the wait list for courses in 2020.
This workshop was originally developed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and the MFL Occupational Health Centre in collaboration with SAFE Work Manitoba. CMHA has committed to holding this workshop monthly throughout 2020 - dates, times and locations to be determined.
Workshop Content Includes:
- Definitions Associated with Psychological Health and Safety
- Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
• CSA Standard
• What it is / Why adopt it
• 13 Workplace Psycho-social factors
- Priorities – Workplace Psychological Hazards
• Mental Health Awareness – Combatting Stigma
• Harassment and Violence Prevention (recap only)
• Responding to Mental Health Emergencies
> Mental Health Crisis
> Managing Trauma Exposure
- Rolling Psychological Considerations Into Your Workplace Health and Safety Program
- Case Studies
- Getting Started
- Getting Help – community resources and other training
Workshop Content intersects, but DOES NOT FOCUS ON:
• Disability Management
• Workers Compensation
• Mental Health First Aid
• Critical Incident Stress Management and PTSD Prevention
Please refer to https://www.safemanitoba.com/Topics/Pages/Psychological-Health-and-Safety-in-the-Workplace.aspx for information on how you can support psychological health and safety in your workplace.